VeRbOsE

"There are things that matter, and there are things that don't."

Friday, August 7, 2015

Peppermint the Cure-All

There has been a lot of excitement recently over the organic, & all-natural items. As a young, newly married, student I don't have the extra funds to go the organic route. However! I do use some home remedies for illness and for some other tricks. 

Essential oils are a big buzz in the world, and I find that people either sit on one side of the fence or the other with them. I wouldn't just rub oils on a broken bone and say, "ok! Heal yourself!" That's what doctors go to school into eternities for! Being a spiritual person, though, I believe a loving God has given us tools on this earth to help us succeed. One of those tools I swear by is peppermint.

I use peppermint for everything, & my husband laughs at me sometimes because every time my body feels amiss,  reaching for peppermint oil or gum or mints-- SOMETHING peppermint. For me, it's my cure all. I used to get the worst headaches, but then I learned about peppermint oil on my mission. 1 drop on my index fingers. Rub them together and smooth on my temples or across my forehead & I'm smooth sailing!!

I also have a finicky digestive system. There are lots of enzymes & ingredients in everyday foods that make me bloated or cause an upset stomach. At the first signs of indigestion I start chewing peppermint gum & sit down. Within a few minutes my stomach has begun to settle. 

I use the oil on sore muscles and work out cramps & knots that build up from stress & toxins in the body.

Adding fresh peppermint to lemonade or water during a meal keeps me bloat free & feeling full longer. 

If you're not too keen on the essential oils, give the fresh herbs a try. Lavander, basil, & spearmint have healing properties as well as chamomile, orange, cinnamon, & cloves! 

If you're looking for oil suggestions, I use a mix of brands but like Butterfly Express the best.

Happy Friday! You made it. I hope you have glorious plans. Go enjoy that weekend! 


Love, 
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment