VeRbOsE

"There are things that matter, and there are things that don't."

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Couponing for Dummies...

Happy Sunday! After adventures at church the hubby and I have spent the day relaxing and watching movies. Ahhh... Monday will be here before we know it and I have come to appreciate and realize exactly how important the 48 hours that Saturday and Sunday ARE. Anyway! As a newly married couple we have been very blessed. Each corner we can cut, though, to put in our savings toward a house or preparing to expand our family (** No we are NOT pregnant or planning on it soon**). Recently I've taken a sudden interest in couponing. Now, I am not an expert by any means, but I've watched a lot of TLC's Extreme Couponing, and have found some great blogs. So, because I have been given much I too must give and as I learn more I'll post more! But! I have a few money saving tips that I wanted to share on my blog. If you have any great tips pass them forward!

BLOGS: Find someone that can guide you (& don't pick me!). There are lots of people on the web that are sharing their lives. Times are hard, and not everyone has been given the same start, but with this resource I feel like it can help level the playing field. It takes time and dedication. Don't get frustrated and take the small steps. Don't expect to be walking into the grocery store with your binder of coupons tomorrow, okay? Take the small steps and just learn the concepts so that you can do it on your own. This is where I got started... These blogs have been created by some amazing ladies that explain things and also put tons of resources into one place for everyone. This is where I have found a lot of my information.

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/beginners/extreme-couponing-101

This second blog, however, is by far my favorite because I think it simplifies things better and breaks it down into easy to follow steps with links and everything!

http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/beginners-guide-to-coupons/thebeginners-guide-to-coupons-2/

STORES: Choose where you shop. If you're dedicated you can change stores for better deals. I am NOT that dedicated yet. We shop at where is closest and use some ideas to save some money here and there.

COUPONS WEBSITES/PAPERS: Red Plum, Spending Saver, etc. Subscribe to your local Sunday paper. Not all Sunday papers are created equal so make sure that you have done some trial weeks where you know which paper has more coupons that you like, and just better deals in general. I love coupons.com. I'm trying to save money so I'm not going to be getting a subscription just yet. I use Coupons.com. It's a website full of manufacturer's coupons so I can use them anywhere without having to worry about mixing up my coupons. That's where I've started and it's been great!

RECEIPTS: Look at your receipts! A lot of stores will offer a reward for submitting your opinion online.

REWARD PROGRAMS: Sign up for the free reward programs. Seriously, it adds up and it's worth it. I just spent $31.34 on originally $89.99 boots from Kohls because there was a sale, I had a 20% off coupon, and rewards had built up from purchases. It was fantastic!

So, those are just a few of my tips, so I just wanted to share a few of those things with you guys! I'm together with the family and dinner is about to be served so! we'll have to all get together again later!

Until Then! All my love,
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment