I'm so grateful that by the time I roll out of work these days it's still light out. Isn't it fantastic? So much daylight! it reminds me of the great days when I would be out until 4am and then wake up at 7, and start it all over again. Something about the warm weather is rejuvenating which doesn't make any sense since we're all sweating all day, every day. Whatever! Let's call it Spring Fever.
Enough about how beautiful the weather is (FINALLY) getting. Let's talk about life. More specifically, math. My least favorite subject. However, in math there is an answer, always. A right or wrong answer. Much unlike my best subject-- English! Where I can take an opinion and MAKE it the right answer. In the literature realm ANY answer can be the right answer if you are creative enough to find a way to support it.
As much as I am an avid fan of being able to make up my answer in scholastic settings, it's not really a viable option for a simple life. In life there are choices that have to be made solidly. You have to make a decision and go with it. Only... there isn't a magic formula that helps you get it right.
In the same breath I completely believe that life is simple. We expect things and that's what complicates it. It's made up of our choices, chances that come, and the consequences from everything within that. The choices we make come with consequences, as do the chances we ignore or take.
Something so beautiful and yet extremely complicated is the way we each get to make up our own rhythm and equation. For Einstein he got E=mc^2... for one of my close friends it's definitely Ice Cream=Logic(MagicTheGathering/influence)... another is the Itis^2/city living= ElktonRaised... or... (PatrioticxSugar)/emotional complexity=Coming of Age .... and one of my personal favorites.... PlanetFitness=Social Outings/Black SUV
And while these formulas make NO SENSE to anyone except them, they make complete sense to them and that's really all that matters.
What other people think of you is none of your business. If their life is boring enough to be so involved in yours, then obviously they're the ones that need some remixing, and the best thing would be to well wish that they get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment