There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we no afloat;
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.
Chapter one begins with another thought evoking quote from Rainer Maria Rilke. You see... before we're even getting into the meat of the story (which is certainly closer to a memoir or narrative than a novel; nevertheless and not-withstanding...) I am thinking and reflective. Immediately the words on the next pages will penetrate deeper into my soul. ... Am I taking this too far? Am I dragging too deeply into this book? It is entirely possible and absolutely probable, but I love words. Truly. A simple change in phrasing can change the entire implication of a whole thought. A misplaced comma, or switching out just one word alters entirely the emotion that will be drawn from a moment.
Today my adventure was spelled b-o-o-k because yesterday it was written d-a-n-c-e! There was a small monsoon that happened here, no big deal. Dallas, that's my car, and I went to my favorite spot. The thinking spot. The place I go when I've got too much going on inside my brain, which happens a lot, and I need to decompress. During the beautiful drive over there the rain began to pelt onto the windshield. To anyone else this might seem like a negative thing impacting the drive. However... if you've read my previous posts, you know that's not true. I stood in the rain. On October 22 I stood in the rain and it was awesome. The cold drops ran over my face and down my arms. My fingers turned a bit more pale than usual and my jeans soaked completely through. I walked around a few blocks and wondered how crazy I must have looked to everyone else. I watched a few ladies run between shops. There was a white SUV of 4 ladies and 2 dogs that were all trying to get organized without getting too wet. Watching everyone else run around like chickens with their heads cut off was amusing and I wished for a moment I could have gotten in their heads to see what their perception of me was.
I finally took the time to watch a few more movies since I've been home. I watched Belle, Fast & Furious 6, & the Fault in Our Stars. One of them made me cry, another made me feel an increase of patriotism, and the last made me laugh and strap myself in. You can match the experiences to the movies. There's a few more movies on my list, but I think those 3 are worth watching, thus they are mentioned... :)
I'll be off to begin planning a lesson for a class of small children for Sunday. But, a few more words before I leave you...

(https://www.google.com/search?q=Red+Wheelbarrow&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS487US487&espv=2&biw=1093&bih=514&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9chJVNzfHoaSyQTEm4CQDQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=S6FbbkL_WjAJAM%253A%3B5KQSBHY9rO0tcM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F4.bp.blogspot.com%252F-sbWLZQxNXVg%252FUZWRnrn-PJI%252FAAAAAAAAAEs%252F0D2VDJKYslk%252Fs1600%252FScreen%252Bshot%252B2013-05-17%252Bat%252B2.04.43%252BPM.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F8bshs.blogspot.com%252F2013%252F05%252Fthe-red-wheelbarrow.html%3B548%3B391)
...wow that was a long embed...
Love,
Kate <3
No comments:
Post a Comment