VeRbOsE

"There are things that matter, and there are things that don't."

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

At the Corner of Comfort & "Coincidental"

For those of you that have had the chance to know me for a while, it is not surprising that I love assembling care packages for people. Having people I love far away from me is okay for that one reason-- I can spoil them and send them junk-nd-such. :) Well... and they grow and learn things and have life experiences; that's good too! But I digress! Upon talking to a dear friend of mine she expressed some concerns about knowing how to put together a box of love for someone who is soon departing for the Air Force. So, M, this is for you! :) Some tips and tricks I've discovered throughout my packing expertise. Haha. :)

1.) Packing tape will be the bane of your existence while you're making these. Don't get frustrated! You're going to lose the end of the tape 10,000x it's completely NORMAL! I promise! Haha. Fold a small corner of the tape over to save your spot or lay your scissors underneath the adhesive to keep it from sticking to itself. Or! hang it off the table while you get other things wrapped up.

It's completely possible that you all will now know and judge me for the fact that I struggle with packing tape so much. ... Whatever. I'm telling you, the struggle is real!!!

2.) Put packing tape over the addresses-- it makes them waterproof. The last thing you want is your beautiful box of effort arriving damaged or getting lost in translation. .....Trust me....

3.) Care Packages are sent for a variety of reasons, but whatever the occasion may be, keep it upbeat and normal. Whether you're sending much needed love across the continents to a soldier serving overseas, a parents in a distant state, or something to your best friend just because, keep it upbeat and fun. :)

4.) Don't go crazy! It's doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to be this extravagant box. You're taking the time to put thought into things you think they'll enjoy and ship it to them. Let's stop and process this for a moment. Wouldn't that make you feel special regardless of what's inside? If they're bratty enough to complain you should probably invest in new friends. ... Just my humble opinion.

5.) Wrap it up! If you're going to do it, wrap something up. Having something to open is the best. :) I'm talking about taking the time to put it in wrapping paper. Yep. Do it. It just takes it to the next level. If you need something to cover the box with to mail it consider using a paper bag.

Okay, I think those are some of my best tips for those looking for some helpful ideas. I like putting in something they're expecting and then something completely unanticipated as well. Have a blast with it! It's like.... wrapping part of your heart and mailing it away. How cool is that? I'm all about the modern technology, but sometimes we just gotta throwback to the traditional way of doing things.

Ever Sincerely,
Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment