Though having Paxton has changed my life, and I would go through it all over again to have him here, it is not something that was easy to get him here. My birth plan went out the window and I had to make a new plan out of left field.
After 2 months, I think I'm finally getting the hang of motherhood. One of my first hurdles was deciding what to do about my career. I'm still working on my bachelors degree, thankfully I'll be finishing that in May! but the more time I spent with Paxton the more I knew that I couldn't leave my infant with someone else that I didn't know. Ben and I have wonderful families, but are without the opportunity for someone within our families to watch Paxton full-time. So, with a lot of faith, we moved forward with faith to become a one income family. After tackling the financial aspect of having a baby-- oh baby, oh baby there is a medical bill for everything, we are moving forward with faith that we will be okay.
The other thing that I'm really working on accepting is the changes in my body. Having a baby changes everything. I'm pretty sure my body has been stretched in directions that I didn't even know existed! Thankfully some of the weight came off all on it's own after the IV fluids streamed out of my body, but overcoming the fact that my pre-baby clothes still don't fit, that my fingers are still too swollen for my wedding rings to fit, it's a huge disappointment in myself.
I am grateful for my husband who supports me and still helps me to feel beautiful, and for all the beautiful moms who just glow with joy in their families. I'm trying to learn to take everything in stride, one thing at a time.
Have tips for me? Would love to hear them! Have questions? Bring those too!
Katie! You have a blog :D I am so glad to find it (through your wonderful cooking blog). No real tips except to have patience, move everyday and 'eat food, mostly plants.'
ReplyDeleteYou are wonderful and are doing a great job! Love you
Katie! You have a blog :D I am so glad to find it (through your wonderful cooking blog). No real tips except to have patience, move everyday and 'eat food, mostly plants.'
ReplyDeleteYou are wonderful and are doing a great job! Love you