VeRbOsE

"There are things that matter, and there are things that don't."

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Food 4 Thought 1

Dissonance

When I sat with you across that counter,
I knew better than to think that it’d be the same.
Now that you’re back to being gone,
something like 1500 miles and change away,
I think it’s safe for me to finally open up and say
exactly what seeing you did to me.
I had no hopes of Romance or splendor.
But it turned into some kind of wonderful s e r e n d i p i t y . . .
The long walk wasn’t even the best part
The words weren’t even enough for me,
But the way your fingers felt brushing my face
 RightBefore
 your lips touched mine sent me into bliss filled security.

Standing on that creek-bed bank, wrapped up in your arms
Spotlighted by the moon and using neon lights as our white noise
I felt like I could have breathed you inside of me and fused our souls
Where are you? When you left the state could you hear my voice,
Crying, missing, applauding, relinquishing, enveloping
I didn't let myself feel the sadness of your going
Because whenever my heart begins to break for us I flood my thoughts with
The Last Moment.
Knowing, that we will be encompassed again in the ambience we create together.

I see your smile as your turn me and tell me not to… Not to cry,
“Don’t you dare cry” echoes through my senses
Followed by the waves of joy as you, for the last time,
Pulled me close to you and kissed ME.
So much you said to me while our lips were touching.
Pressing your ring back into the palm of my hand.
….Sweet Relief….
As you walked away I wasn’t filled with dread
--but peace.
There was nothing so wonderful as hearing the pounding of your
boots on the sidewalk running towards me.
seeing you turn the page in your life
Was an intimate moment I will not soon forget.

Days later I can taste your breath and smell you around me.
I don’t know if you can hear me,
But I can feel you with me.
As we go on to walk to the edges of earth; wearing the tread on our individual boots
I know one day, upon looking up, I’ll see your smile again
Because whatever our souls are made of,

Yours and mine are the same.

2 comments: